ASUS K8V Deluxe Won't see my Sata drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying for the last 3 days to get my new Seagate SV35.3 up and running with my K8v SE Deluxe with no luck. Whatever I do my motherboard just doesn't want to see the drive. I currently have my system drive on a WD IDE and I'm replacing my current internal storage drive (also in IDE) with the Seagate sata.

I am connecting the Seagate it to SATA1. I've been to the ASUS download section for my motherboard and have downloaded every driver that could possilby work but this motherboard will just not see my drive. I've tried hooking it up to the Promise and downloaded those drivers but with no luck either. The drive is very quiet but it's heating up which leads me to believe it's getting power and therefore not the power cable.

When I plug the drive into the Promise (Primary Sata) with the Onboard Promise Controller enabled in the bios (Onboard IDE Operate Mode), it says 1 of 2 things. Either, Detecting, then "Warning- The BIOS does not find proper hardware configuration, Please check your system again!
OR
Detecting.....then it lists one of the long numbers that's on the top of the Seagate, followed by IDE BUS Master Enabled. One would think an encouraging sign. Read on...

When I try to boot with Onboard Promise Controller set to RAID, the drive also shows up as
ID =1
1+0 Stripe
Size 500107M
Track Mapping 60801/255/63
Status = Functional
with an option to enter Fastbuild Utility.

Either of these ways, when I boot into Windows XP, the drive does not show up in Disk Management or Device Manager.

I would like to have this drive setup on Sata 1 because I've heard it's faster than the Promise controller, and I'm not going to be utilizing any sort of RAID configuration, but at this point I just want my motherboard to see this drive!
Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back