TechSpot

ASUS K8V SE De Luxe MOBO: BIOS-upgrade problem!

By oeksen37
Jan 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For reasons I don't understand I had problems installing and activating the feature "Cool n' Quiet" - also it appeared now and then difficult to enter the BIOS setup to enter the necessary adjustments of this feature. I then decided to upgrade to the new BIOS (1005sd.Rom). First I did it by means of the flash method - it failed, but then I tried it the old fashoned way, by means of AFUDOS. Apparently It went fine, and I was asked to do the usual reboot. When doing that I end up in the "American Megatrends" splash screen, saying:

CMOS Checksum bad
    Press F 1 to run Setup
    Press F 2 to load default values and continue

however, to press neither of the two gives no result whatsoever.

How should one reset the BIOS - "delete" is without effect also when normally trying to enter the BIOS setup function. The manual does not say anything in this regard. There is probably a combinations of letters that can reset the BIOS?? Also I would be pleased to know how others manage to upgrade the BIOS without these problems.

MB details: Socket 754. VIA K8T800. DDR 400
    ASUS Athlon 64

Thanks for any piece of advice. Oeksen37+
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.