Asus k8v se deluxe help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed win xp on my amd 64 3200 with the asus k8v se deluxe mb.. in the bios i picked raid for the hd.. i dont have raid i have sata only.. should i switch it to ide??

when the computer boots it says , searching for ide drives.. it says none found and bios not installed.. i think its looking for a raid hdd? it then loads win xp fine with no problem.

When i go into device hardware properties in xp , the device driver for sata raid has a yellow mark next to it indicating its not working..

how do i fix this problem and also when it boots it looks for ide devices or a raid hdd i think?? boot xp loads fine.

also it says cpu fan error.. i think its due to the fact the cpu cable is connected to the atx blade case?? if so how do i stop this error from happening? when i got into the bios it does not show how fast the fans are spinning it says n/a, i think this is do to the fans are monitored by the case itself?? i know the fans are spinning.. any help would be appreciated,,, my main concern is when the computer boots it looks for ide devices then says none found bios not installed but then boots xp fine, also the error in the hardware properties next to the sata raid driver..

thanks.

SATA & IDE are two different connection standards for hard drives. If you have a SATA drive, you do not need to concern yourself with IDE settings except for the CD-Rom/DVD-Rom drives which are still on a majority in the IDE format & vice-versa, if you have an IDE hard drive you do not need to concern yourself with SATA settings.

Do you have a RAID capable system with two or more HDDs ? If not, you cannot install a RAID setup.

& yes the CPU FAN being connected to a Molex connector from your PSU means your motherboard cannot monitor the RPMs of your fan & thinks there is no fan installed. If you are sure that the fan is running, it is nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if your fan happens to fail later down the road, the system will not detect it & will not take the proper precautions (such as a system shutdown). It is a risk you are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back