Asus laptop quality RMA problems

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi everyone, [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]This is my RMA story.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I had a custom Asus gaming laptop G51JX-3DE/G60JX ($2351) from Xoticpc.com. I can’t say I have it because it has already been in the Asus repair station for more than 2 months and I don’t know when I will get it back. My RMA status is still the same: [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]"Waiting-[WB1] Wait for Material/Spare Parts". I emailed the Asus representative Mr. Tien Phan [/FONT][email address deleted][FONT=Times New Roman] and got the response that t[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]he issue with my notebook was duplicated, and it was currently at a repair station waiting for the necessary parts to come in.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Because of that I began to initiate some action and look at what I could dig up.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]If you look at the Asus website you will see that now it only has 2 gaming laptops G75VW (17’) and G55VW (15’), but there were a dozen different models in 2010. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]My friend’s computer market analyst said that the Asus repair station is piled up with defective laptops, transformers, tablets. Almost every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Since 2008 Asus started to produce their own laptops in huge amounts, [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]though previously it was focused on the production of motherboard and other components. The range of its products increased in many times. They tried to compete even with Apple (Zenbook, Pads). But the Asus team just can’t compete with Steve Jobs’ team. As a result the quality of Asus products begins to fall dramatically. Asus Customer Service just can’t cope with the avalanche of custom claims.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Unfortunately, the quality of the motherboards – diamond in Asus crown – became worse compared to what it was before 2010. I built three rigs with Asus motherboards, last one is P6X58D Premium and I am satisfied with their quality. But now days are different.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Now we need to think seven times before buying an Asus laptop.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Having every third ASUS laptop DIFFECTIVE is too much. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]pcbzick.[/FONT]

I'd heard ASUS had quality issues but just figured that's people flaming online. Now I know better. I've had my laptop go out on repair twice for the same issue (screen flashes then blacks out). On first repair all they did was swap the system board and the issue reappeared almost immediatly. Call center staff would not agree to expedite shipping on second repair. When second repair was done they could not supply a tracking number. Emails to ASUS are answered by a bot. It's not so much that the device failed, that happens, it's the followup that is miserable.

Asus customer service sucks generally, but what I find just wrong is when I sent a defective power cable in to be replaced, they sent me a "new" cable back in about a week. Get this though, when I plugged it into my K52F laptop, it fried the charging mechanism and now I have 500 dollars worth of crap parts.

I only have one netbook from them that needed repair in 2011. It was still under the warranty. Even though I could fix the issue with parts from them, but since it was still covered so why not let them repair it right. They did but it wasn't easy to get them to do so! My issue was the panel was showing waving lines or just completely gone. The ASUS Tech had agreed with my findings and replace the panel and sent me a back my netbook. Turn around time was quick in 1 week. But getting ASUS CS-TECH on the phone to agree to get this work done was another story. I won't buy their products again after that non-sense. Even though the netbook panel is fixed there are other issues with the netbook. So I just installed Windows 8 on it and see how it goes. Really can use the hardware too much any how.

Back