TechSpot

Asus lays out tablet plans with Android, ARM, Windows, Intel

By Emil
Oct 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Many upcoming Asustek tablets have already been hinted, leaked, or even revealed at trade shows. That being said, Asustek president Jerry Shen has revealed some of the launch details to Digitimes. Starting this December, Asus will begin officially announcing tablets in 7", 9", 10", and 12" form factors. In short, we should see five or six tablets from Asus at CES 2011.

Read the whole story
  2. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 102   +7

There's going to be flood of these things when/if all of "speculated" Android tablets hit the market. Hopefully we'll be able to scoop up a decent tab for under a couple bills... You know, something with a decent processor, running 2.1+; not like the Walgreen's bargain bin special that was posted a couple days ago with the 400mhz VIA proc :-/
  3. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

The Asus tablet might be interesting. They did well in the netbook market so it will be interesting to see if their success translates onto a tablet.
  4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

If I were ASUS, I wouldn't release anything smaller than a 10". That would tell Apple "Hey, we're looking directly at you Buddy". Everyone is releasing a 7" anyways aren't they? Or was it 8"? I forget. There are so many now.
  5. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

we need more dual panel solutions.. Courier ftw!
  6. dawgtothebone

dawgtothebone TS Rookie

Good time to start learning how to develop android apps :)
  7. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

I just cant see tablets becoming popular. I think Asus is taking a risk with these. People either want a phone (like an Evo) or they'd probably go to a netbook or a netbook with touchscreen. To me a tablet is just a phone without the phone capabilities so from my perspective i just dont see this happening too well. To each their own though.
  8. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,068   +39

Asus tablet running Andriod. Eh... that makes me a little closer to wanting to get one. "Wanting" keyword.. lol
  9. rizalp

rizalp TS Rookie Posts: 39

Well, i want a tablet. For me, the idea of using it to read web, book, and using web apps while we take a morning coffe is great idea. Phone have smaller screen, and netbook isn't comfortable to hold with just one hand.
  10. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I'll say it now and save TS members a large number of post. You are an *****. Tablet based pc's is the future in more markets than electronic items you own in your home.
  11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 398   +35

Sweet, more tablet devices! I've been watching this emerging market since the iPad release and i'm glad to still see it moving forward. I'm also glad to see there will be more Windows-based ones instead of just the Slate. I know i'll be buying one, I just dont know which. Unlike most, I can also be patient and wait for a bunch to come out before making a decision.

12. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I kinda agree with apple. 7" tablets are really too small for my liking.
  13. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 124

I dont know the use of tablet when our smartphones can do everything that a tablet can. then why so crazy?
  14. hassaan

hassaan TS Rookie Posts: 90

Tablet craze finally get to Asus as well. Tbh I don't understand the need apart from the "hip" factor.
  15. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 427   +19

I just read in my local newspaper the tablet killer is already in the making & it is being developed by few students from the xxxx university.I don't believe the article because it did not mention any specific details but seems true since a I.T. giant is backing the project & some guy with the giant confirmed they were backing the project but refused to comment what the gadget actually is.Just another article in the newspaper i guess but would be really interesting if the article is true !
  16. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

There are new tablets comming out like I don't know what! I hope that the increase in the variety of tablets will create enough competition to significantly drop down the prices, so that we can all afford to have one. It doesn't sound that realisitic!
  17. pyari

pyari TS Rookie Posts: 66

$100 this is affordable, lets see what is tablets mean.
  18. sMILEY4ever

sMILEY4ever TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

I still can't see why I'd want to buy a tablet...
  19. brianmsu

brianmsu TS Rookie Posts: 27

agreed, although the hip factor means nothing to me if I have no need for the tablet!
  20. MichaelHipp

MichaelHipp TS Rookie

Looking forward to some high-quality Android tables becoming available. These will be nice for quick whip-it-out need-to-lookup-something uses. Or for sitting around the living room.
  21. mpribe

mpribe TS Rookie Posts: 29

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing the point of this whole tablet thing. Too big to fit in your pocket, not nearly as good input as a laptop . . . ?
  22. ALKING

ALKING TS Rookie

would love one hope the prices will be cheap so i can get me one

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.