TechSpot

Asus M2N-E SLI Audio Problem - Popping/Crackling

By xthorx
Aug 6, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay.
    Basically after about 20-30 minutes roughly my audio just craps out and starts making popping and crackling noises that get progressivly worse until I go into the Cmedia control panel and click S/PDIF and it fixes it for another 30 minutes and then it starts again, so I have to click the same button, And so forth.

This is such a pain. I've tried re-installing the drivers and all other common solutions. I had no problem with the previous drivers, but they didnt support mic so I had to install the newest ones, which have been giving me this problem for the past year or so.

If anyone can help me, it'd be the biggest help.

Thanks.
  2. Gflo

Gflo TS Rookie Posts: 105

i got the same problem only it happens when i use my xbox 360 controller. i ended up ripping the sound card out of an old dell and sticking in finding some modded drivers compatible with vista for it and now im fine. NEVER EVER get a cmedia product. they have NO TECH SUPPORT whatsoever, other than the comunity support forums which noone from CMEDIA themselves uses.

i whish i could help but i cant. until there is a fix, i suggest sound blaster.
  3. xthorx

xthorx TS Rookie Topic Starter

Im using Win XP. I was thinking about just buying a new souncard and its onboard so I had no choice as to which audio chip I got. -.- But I dont want to spend the money, so I guess ill put up with it for the meanwhile
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.