Asus M3A / Realtek HDA ALC883: Cannot change connected device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and replaced my MSI K9N-Neo F with a Asus M3A. Both have a Realtek HD Audio chipset, as far as I know of very similar design. With my old motherboard, I used the black connector to reroute the same signal as with the green one to my headset (so my speakers and my headset had the same signal (=audio out)). I could set this with the Sound Manager in the "Audio I/O" tab.

I installed the drivers for the audio codec with the new board and I had the same Sound Manager, but with this version, I can't change the connected devices (by clicking the symbols). How can I get back the functionality I had before?

TIA
SoWhy

I don't know the answer to your exact question but the onboard sound for the new motherboard has header pins for your case's front panel sound connections. When you connect them you should be able to plug in your headphones to the front headphone jack to get the same sound as your speakers.

This is different from your old MSI board that didn't have this capability. The old board did have headers too, I think, but you couldn't use it and the rear sound jacks at the same time.

mailpup said:
I don't know the answer to your exact question but the onboard sound for the new motherboard has header pins for your case's front panel sound connections. When you connect them you should be able to plug in your headphones to the front headphone jack to get the same sound as your speakers.

This is different from your old MSI board that didn't have this capability. The old board did have headers too, I think, but you couldn't use it and the rear sound jacks at the same time.
Yes, I know, but my front panel does not have an internal connector but an external one and thus I have to connect it externally on the back. And as I said, it worked with exactly the same sound chip on my old board... :-(

Sorry, then I don't have an answer for you.

You must have an older case or one that is unusual. Just curious, but what case do you have anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back