Asus M4A78 Pro BIOS won't open... shuts off after 15 seconds

ok... well... this is a weird issue... my boss had this computer that had a bad power supply and wouldent put out video... before he asked for my help he removed the cmos battery... so... being his case is worthless... i had to remove the motherboard to replace it... after i got the new PSU installed and booted it up i had video but it sais i need to set the system time and date... but when i hit delete it wont go into setup... the keyboards good... CTRL+ALT+DEL works to reboot the machine... but after 15 seconds it sais it will shut off and it does... idk what it is... and i cant get into the bios.... i've tried clearing the cmos with the jumper but other than that i'm at a loss... btw this pc is a 6 month old custom build with an ASUS M4A78 PRO mainboard

well... just because i think the bios needs to be reset... i'm just takeing the cmos battery out for 15 minutes... the jumper i cleared said CLRTC and it said jumpers 2+3 to clear and 1+2 normal... and i just figured since it was the only 3 pin configuration on the board that was it... that and its relatively close to the cmos battery... but idk... this is turning out to be a nightmare...

Back