Asus Mobo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBlades

I'm working on my friend's computer and was going through many very much needed updates and I had got to the bios. I went through the asus update.exe way; everything went smoothly. I then restarted the computer. The first thing that pops up says to Install Asus Express Gate and some stuff about getting internet access within seconds of starting up your computer.
I read up on it and downloaded it. Burned it to a cd and attempted an install after resetting the cmos so I could change the boot process to CD first. Changed it, let it boot up normal. It then asks to boot into settings or use default bios settings and continue. I hit continue and it says "Installing Asus Express Gate". I wait for a couple seconds then it gives the message: "Please install Asus Express Gate for internet access within seconds of starting up your computer."
The heck do I do?

Mobo: Asus P5Q-SE2 (bios: 0601)

I'm working on my friend's computer and was going through many very much needed updates and I had got to the bios.

What "very much needed updates" are you talking about? You should not unnecessarily try to update the BIOS.

I suggest that you clear the CMOS and then try rebooting your system. Express Gate is not necessary for your PC to function properly. I myself uninstalled it from my PC.

I was just going through a list and had come down to random stuff so I thought I would go with the bios as well. Bad idea >_<. Well it won't let me boot into the OS at all. It just gives that message every time to install express gate. I've also cleared the cmos multiple times and tried booting normally. I get to the point where it asks to enter into settings or continue with default system settings. I choose default: it goes to "Installing Asus Express Gate" even without the install cd in the drive then it says "Please install asus... blah blah blah". Go into settings and just hit use default settings through there: same thing.

Haha! Problem fixed. lol stupid me. I kept passing right by the option to Enable/Disable Express Gate. Disabled now haha boots right up just fine aiyaiyai. Anyways thanks for ya help man hahahaha all's well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back