ASUS motherboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I built my computer and I've always had a little trouble with it but today it just stopped working. I turn it on and the fans start and the lights come on and all that good stuff but nothing happens. Normally a voice comes on and tells me that "system failed VGA test" or "system failed memory test," and then I go and check on those things.

Now when I start it up I don't get a voice and the computer just runs but nothing happens. I've tried taking out the RAM and starting it up because normally it will just shut itself off if there's no RAM but not anymore. I've taken out the video card, the RAM, the HD and all three at the same time but the computer keeps on running instead of just shutting itself off or giving me an error message.

I know I have an ASUS motherboard but I don't know the exact model. I can probably find out if that helps.

So, any ideas on what's wrong? I'd really rather not pay some guy $100 to fix my 4 year old computer. Thanks a bunch.

It could be a motherboard problem. If it has told you that it failed both a VGA test and a RAM test, you can assume that it is not those components at fault. Do you have another motherboard to test in it?

You might also try testing the power supply, but I doubt that is the culprit.

Lastly, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back