ASUS P2B mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

hey guys.... im trying to get an old machine built, which i have, just having trouble with the software part. when i first built it i had two cdroms installed, one wouldnt ope and the other one would. anyways i booted from an xp disk and installed xp, it ran slow so i decided to find a different os. well i just got an ubuntu disk ive been waiting for so i decided to install it (by this time i took out the cd drive that didnt open). so i stuck in the ubuntu disk and booted up, everything works fine RECOGNIZES the cd-rom as a cd drive, boot sequence is setup as cd-rom first. reads the cd-rom when posting but when it gets to the point to where it asks you to press any key to boot from cd, the drive isnt spinning the light isnt blinking and then it says "boot from cd: failure..." WTF?! i can not figure out what just happened! the only changes i made was pulling out the broken cd rom (which ive tried booting from cd with it installed again), added a network card (which i tried boot from cd with it pulled out), and put in a different power supply with more watts, which i couldnt imagine that being the problem. has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it?! its driving me crazy! im going to try some more things later but if you could help that would be nice. thank you

(working cd-rom is set up as master)

You're sure that your media works? Try using the disc in another PC.

Did you burn the Ubuntu .iso as an image file? If so and the disc won't work in another system, try burning it at a slower rate and/or with another brand of CD.

positive..... i ordered the ubuntu from ubuntu so its the disc they made and it worked in my pc. and the xp disc works to, my friend just installed it the other day and its not recognizing it. the weird thing though is if theres no cd in there it says failure instantly but when there is a disc in there it waits a minute or two then says failure. but the whole time the light isnt blinking and its transparent above the top spindle..... and its not spinning. i tried a different disk drive to. but their both older drives, so ill try and find a newer one somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back