Asus P4C800-E DLX mobo RAID question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see there's two SATA RAID controllers on the p4c800-e mainboard, the Promise and the Intel RAID controllers. I dont know which one to use.

I think, the Intel controller only allows Windows XP with RAID 0, and the Promise allows any OS, and RAID 0,1,0+1, but i dont know if RAID0 will be slower with it.

So, Is the Intel controller's RAID 0 faster than the Promise controller's RAID 0?

I'd like to set up a dual boot with Win98 and WinXP, but if RAID0 will be slower with the Promise controller, i will just use WinXP instead.

use the intel controller for the OS. performance gain may be minimal on either of them, but stick with the chipsets RAID first. RAID 0 is pretty fast, make sure you got 2 similar drives for any performance gain. id use the other controller (promise) with a RAID 1 or RAID 5 setup for redundancy of data.

Heh, forget windows 98, you dont need it, and if you have apps that only work in windows 98, goto the program's executive file, right click, properties, and put it in compatability mode for that OS (must have XP SP1 for this feature)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back