TechSpot

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Cooling

By megabomination
Mar 27, 2010
  1. I have the ASUS P5G41T-M LX MOBO and a INTEL Duo core 7500CPU. The CPU quite option works when swithed on in BIOS and i can also use the 'speedfan' program, however i cant get the case fan speed to lower using this same program? Is there a particular type of case fan you must have for it to work or will this mobo not allow RPM changes to case fans??

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

If you can't control the fan speeds in BIOS (as rpm or percentage) then you have to use software. There may be a version of the BIOS that allows additional fan controls but usually non-modded BIOS are merely revisions.

3. megabomination

megabomination TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 159

So speed fan will only work on a fan IF that particular fan is origionaly controlable through BIOS settings, such as tha CPU cooler is? I will double check my BIOS but im pretty sure it doesnt have an option to cntrl case fan speed,it does of course show case fan RPM.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.