ASUS P5GD2 DELUXE Does it need an additional Wireless Network Card

By Mohlianum
Sep 2, 2005
  1. Is anyone familiar with the P5GD2 deluxe motherboard & can tell me if an additional wireless network card is needed to netwok another PC with a wireless network card installed.
    I aim to use an ASDL wireless router

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

The motherboard's sepcifications clearly say that it has wireless in it.
  3. Mohlianum

Mohlianum TS Rookie Topic Starter

That's what I thought but the following was the reply to my query when I first asked the company who were buiding my PC.

This motherboard comes with wireless LAN onboard and therefore if you order a wireless network card you will receive one spare card that can be added to another computer.

I still wasn't sure if that meant yes or no! however they did install a card in my PC but when I installed all the network/ card drivers the PC froze so I had to start in Safe Mode & have disabled them all at the moment.
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

The extra card they are talking about is to be put in another computer that does not have wireless.

Since you have a wireless router then you can mix wireless and wired computers with no problem and there is no need for extra hardware.
  5. Mohlianum

Mohlianum TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply, I wonder why they installed it in then? Any tips on the easiest way to set this up?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.