TechSpot

Asus p5ld2 starting problems

By Pepreal
Sep 9, 2008
  1. Hi got a problem with my motherboard, what i did is set ACPI 2.0 on and the CPU back to auto when we did that, it reboted normaly but when it suposed to load the os it didn't, black screen nothing.

when we did a bios load default settings its was still te same the last thing the bios says is
    00 USB Mass storage device found and configured

we olso tried to boot from boot cd windows and stil same problem

and yes the hd that has the boot partition on it is first to boot

has anyone now what this is?

Gr, Pepreal

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,061   +169

Try reinstalling the os fresh

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,670

put the CD/DVD to boot first, then put Windows on fresh.

4. Pepreal

Pepreal TS Rookie Topic Starter

We already tried that to set the cdrom at first boot, still the same no boot, but we did a cmos reset and now it seems to work again, i thnk its a bug of the bios

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

ACPI 2.0 Operation is a feature of the O/S kernel and if the O/S uses it then it should be enabled on the mobo.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...0&bogno=381 ACPI 2.0&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

If you look at your comp description in Control Panel and it says "ACPI Multi-Processor PC" then your kernel is set correctly to use ACPI 2.0 with Hyper-Threading and Dual+ Cores.

If the 'ACPI' isn't there, then it isn't.

6. Pepreal

Pepreal TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes windows says that it is

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.