Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby

Ok guys one day I got home and I tried turning on my pc, it started normally, usual sounds like the fans running ect. (no beep thought) and it sounds like it is booting all the way, but my monitor stays in standby mode saying "No signal". so I tried logging in (with my screen off, by pressing down on the keyboard arrows and typing my password followed by pressing enter, and I could hear windows logging in (the windows log in tune/sound)

Now I tested the monitor on another pc, it works fine. I bought a new graphics card and that didn't make a difference (The old card was a nvidia gforce 8600 gt, and my new card is an Asus ENGTX460 TOP direct Cu)
I tried taking out Ram and switching slots (2 sticks of 1 gig ram)
still didn't work, so confusing.

I have a P5N-e sli asus motherboard with an intel core2duo 2.8ghz prossessor, 2 sata hard drives and no on board display.

P.S. please go easy I'm not an expert at fixing things.

Thanks

Unlike your old card, the 8600GT, the GTX 460 requires two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors from the PSU (power supply unit). Did you connect them? Does your PSU even have two 6 pin PCI-E connectors?

Thanks Mailpup you have been a great help, my PSU doesn't have any 6 pin PCE-i connectors but I did get one with the graphics card so I thought It only needed one, I tried another working graphics card and my pc works fine. Thank you for helping me

Back