Asus P5N-E SLI shutting down

Hi all, I have just gotten a Asus P5N-E Sli mobo, installed a P4 socket 775 530 3.0Ghz, which according to the asus website is supported for this mobo. Also installed 2 GBs of ram which is recognized during POST, during POST it states the CPU correctly, amount of ram, etc., but at the bottom of the POST I get a warning that the CPU is not recognized and that I should update the BIOS to get the full power of the processor? Then it shuts down after a 30 seconds to a minute. If I go into the SETUP it will stay on for a minute then shut down. According to the BIOS it has the latest version, 1406? I am at a lose on what to do next! Help ;-)

It sounds like the bios settings for your memory and/or CPU are incorrect. If you are not running the bios defaults, do so. If you are running defaults, try increasing the memory voltage a bit... This may be an issue with the power supply too

thanks for the info, I did try running the defaults, the power supply is new, 550 watts dual fan. Also I have another question, the CPU fan I got is a 3 pin fan ( I was told it would work on a 775 CPU, but I question that, because the CPU fan on the board is a 4 pin connector, can that be part of the problem? I tried it on one of the 3 pin chassis fan connectors and got a warning on POST that it was running at lower level, so I switched it back to the cpu connector. I appreciate the feedback ;-))

Back