Asus P5N-E SLI shutting down

By neohiomale
Jun 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all, I have just gotten a Asus P5N-E Sli mobo, installed a P4 socket 775 530 3.0Ghz, which according to the asus website is supported for this mobo. Also installed 2 GBs of ram which is recognized during POST, during POST it states the CPU correctly, amount of ram, etc., but at the bottom of the POST I get a warning that the CPU is not recognized and that I should update the BIOS to get the full power of the processor? Then it shuts down after a 30 seconds to a minute. If I go into the SETUP it will stay on for a minute then shut down. According to the BIOS it has the latest version, 1406? I am at a lose on what to do next! Help ;-)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

It sounds like the bios settings for your memory and/or CPU are incorrect. If you are not running the bios defaults, do so. If you are running defaults, try increasing the memory voltage a bit... This may be an issue with the power supply too
  3. neohiomale

neohiomale Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks for the info, I did try running the defaults, the power supply is new, 550 watts dual fan. Also I have another question, the CPU fan I got is a 3 pin fan ( I was told it would work on a 775 CPU, but I question that, because the CPU fan on the board is a 4 pin connector, can that be part of the problem? I tried it on one of the 3 pin chassis fan connectors and got a warning on POST that it was running at lower level, so I switched it back to the cpu connector. I appreciate the feedback ;-))

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.