TechSpot

Asus P8H67 overheating badly?

By cschrille
Jun 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I just noticed that one part of the temperature is really high. Its constantly 80+ celcius. Is it really overheating that much or could it be reading it wrong? Its under no load and still that hot.
    [​IMG]
    See? I doubt that is normal. How can I check if its a false reading or if its really burning up, wouldn't I get BSOD?

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 894   +173

I wouldn't worry too much about that Temp. It usually reads a wrong temperature from my experience. Mine has always been 60c never lower or higher lol even in the winter months.

3. cschrille

cschrille TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 181

Well, it's currently going between 65-82. It wont go lower than 65 and not higher than 82.

4. Blkfx1

Yeah, I still believe its a inaccurate reading. Senor gone bad or something. I doubt it would be getting that hot while everything else is relatively cool.

5. cschrille

So I should not be worried? If I was to play some game that uses alot of power, say BF3, would that temperature rise? I dont really know what part its measuring.

6. Blkfx1

I wouldn't worry. The core temperatures are not that high. That is what you want to pay attention too. The CPUTIN on hardware monitor has been reported for having bad readings plenty of times. Do a quick search of Google and you will see what I mean.

If your cores were running that hot the whole time. I think you would have went through a sort of severe down clock, BSOD or even a thermal shutdown.

I never though to ask.. but is your CPU overclocked at all?

7. cschrille

No, I think however the turbo boost makes it 3.7ghz instead of the original 3.3, but I havent changed anything manually.

8. Blkfx1

Yeah, you should be fine. Id just forget about it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.