Asus P8H67 overheating badly?

cschrille

I just noticed that one part of the temperature is really high. Its constantly 80+ celcius. Is it really overheating that much or could it be reading it wrong? Its under no load and still that hot.
2rrqogw.jpg

See? I doubt that is normal. How can I check if its a false reading or if its really burning up, wouldn't I get BSOD?

I wouldn't worry too much about that Temp. It usually reads a wrong temperature from my experience. Mine has always been 60c never lower or higher lol even in the winter months.

Yeah, I still believe its a inaccurate reading. Senor gone bad or something. I doubt it would be getting that hot while everything else is relatively cool.

So I should not be worried? If I was to play some game that uses alot of power, say BF3, would that temperature rise? I dont really know what part its measuring.

I wouldn't worry. The core temperatures are not that high. That is what you want to pay attention too. The CPUTIN on hardware monitor has been reported for having bad readings plenty of times. Do a quick search of Google and you will see what I mean.

If your cores were running that hot the whole time. I think you would have went through a sort of severe down clock, BSOD or even a thermal shutdown.

I never though to ask.. but is your CPU overclocked at all?

No, I think however the turbo boost makes it 3.7ghz instead of the original 3.3, but I havent changed anything manually.

Back