TechSpot

Asus plans to move up the notebook ladder, Toshiba acquisition talks

By Julio Franco
Nov 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Having conquered the motherboard market years ago, Taiwan-based manufacturer Asus no longer sees PC peripherals as its only way to go for business growth. You may recall it was Asus who boosted netbooks to massive popularity with the introduction of the Eee PC. Now they are looking for more.

Read the whole story
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Laptops are smaller; easier to handle; usually come with standard 1 year warranty (sometimes up to 3)
    PCs can be modified by the User easily, and usually have lots of compatibility issues with hardware (no doubt the large computer companies are consistently inundated with error faults, not related to their standard hardware)

And most Users (these days) would prefer a good laptop, unless they're into modifying their computer (for gaming etc; even though many "games" are online now)

Yes I say laptops (netbooks; notebooks; portables) are the way of the future now
    I'm sure the next generation will laugh when we say we had these big computer boxes on or under our tables.
    "But Dad, how did you walk around with that big box?"
    Oh :eek: We didn't son. We had to stay where the box was, and not move :(
    Son: "Huh"? :/

Oh and I'll just squeeze this in, I still like Dell :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.