TechSpot

Asus shares new details on its mini PC, leaves door open to customization

By Dave LeClair
Jun 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Back at Computex, Asus announced a new ViVoPC mini, but details of the company's tiny Windows 8 computer were pretty scarce. At that point, we knew it featured some built-in SonicMaster speakers, 802.11ac wireless support, and a metallic metal design. But...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,675   +510

I was always thinking of either buying one of these or assembling it myself. The only thing that stopped me was the video system. I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I need to feed a 30" screen, and sometimes for something more than just 2D desktop, like SC-2 at max settings. And none of the embedded graphics come close to being acceptable in this area.

If I could order such small system with GTX 780M, I would buy it, it would be enough for my screen and all my tasks. But such video card doesn't even sell separately, and no-one will offer it in anything other than over-bloated gamer's laptop.

Why?....such injustice in the world...
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +84

I've always liked these little guys for deploying DNS/DHCP on remote sites, and maybe to provide file storage to small office users.
  4. My considerations are exactly the same: while not a hardcore gamer myself, I'd like at least a decent 3D gfx performance for my HTPC. I suppose sth like the AsRock VisionX would fit the bill perfectly, but it's too darn expensive (at least here in Europe)...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.