Asus unveils Eee Pad Transformer Prime, quad-core Tegra 3 powered

By Julio Franco
Oct 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Asus chairman Jonney Shih was enthused to show the company's upcoming Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android tablet during an interview at conference AsiaD today. This is the awaited sequel to…

Read the whole story
  2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +69

I just got my Transformer TF101 on Monday, and it's screaming fast with dual cores. I can only imagine how fast it would run with Kal-El onboard.

Android is a bit of a learning curve from iOS, but now that I've had a couple days to get used to it, I see much more potential in Android then I did in iOS.
  3. hey' i think android will eat ios in few years from now, open os = u get more for your money, apples times coming to an end!
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I realized that I could really use a tablet to take to class, and was seriously looking at getting the original Transformer when my loans (finally) come in. I'm very happy this is coming out, I'm planning on picking it up. Any ideas on a release date?
  5. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

But does it have 3G?

The important questions, people…
  6. TechMcgee

TechMcgee Newcomer, in training

I'm hoping it does have 3G. A lack of 3G held me back on the original transformer. Fingers crossed!
  7. They copied this idea from Apple, jus saying ince nobody has said it yet.
  8. paynetrain007

paynetrain007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

9. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 572   +37

SO stoked for this! I just hope that ASUS moves on their alleged $499 asking price. However, if that price comes WITH the dock, then it'd be pretty awesome!
  10. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

Really? Which part? The tablet form factor (which Apple did not invent)? The SD storage options (which Apple does not have)? The built-in keyboard dock system to provide netbook-like functionality (which Apple also does not have)? Do you really need more examples?

Try trolling in the more pedestrian tech sites, where people are more blinded by brand loyalty and denial, and less concerned with facts. You'll get more mileage.
  11. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

I've actually been hoping that there could be a "meeting of the minds" between Windows 8 and the Transformer. As fun and useful as Android is, I needs me some Windows for certain applications, unfortunately.
  12. I have also been hoping that a Windows based Transformer was in the works.
    I have an ASUS Ep121 and love it. Tegra 3 seems like a good place for Windows tablet (better battery life than EP121).
  13. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +69

You can get the original Transformer with 3G, I don't see any reason why they would exclude it from their new model (though stranger things have been known to happen). I opted for the wifi only version since I can tether my Transformer to my phone for a wifi connection whenever I want. The GPS also works great.

14. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 878   +80

Like Apple copied UI of some other OS's? Its hardly copying, taking something that is good and improving it for your benefit.

Poster few posts above is spot on...

PS:

When will you forbid guests from posting? Would easy up on the troll posts ;)
  15. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

At least they manage to rouse the Cap'n from his slumber once in a while. Some of his best work is directed at Guests.
  16. hey, a great tablet. Did not expect of the 3G because of the battery. Think a price for wifi no keyboard is $699

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.