TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Asus unveils PadFone 2 Android smartphone/tablet hybrid

By Matthew ยท 8 replies
Oct 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. We've seen countless attempts at hybridizing tablets and notebooks, but few manufacturers have taken that consolidation to the next step by using a smartphone as a primary computing device that attaches to various accessories that transform the handset into a...

Read more

2. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

I wonder how people use thi... I mean THESE things. So normally you have a phone, and you can dock it in to your pad for extended battery life and bigger screen? In what situations would this be suitable... ?

I love the idea, but I am thinking... how da heck do you use it?

3. I smell lawsuit with Asus using word "Pad".

4. Apple stole the word "pad" from IBM. Remember ThinkPad which first came 1992.

5. Razer

Razer TS Booster Posts: 126   +14

I guess how do you use it when you want to turn your phone into a tablet, IMHO this is more practical rather than having both phone and tablet that are running on the same platform, because, with padfone you simply transform your phone into a tablet and vice versa

6. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 471   +97

Sincerely, you make no sense. How do you use it? As a phone when its off of dock. Then you use it as a tablet when its on the dock. If you don't know how to use a phone or a tablet, then thats a different problem. In what situation will being a tablet be suitable? How about viewing video content? Maybe playing a game. Or use for reading ebooks. Is that really hard to perceive?

7. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

Haha that video. worst presentation ever.

8. I think Kotex used the word pad before Apple.

belelelgozi likes this.
  9. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

hahahaha.