TechSpot

Asus unveils PadFone 2 Android smartphone/tablet hybrid

By Matthew
Oct 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. We've seen countless attempts at hybridizing tablets and notebooks, but few manufacturers have taken that consolidation to the next step by using a smartphone as a primary computing device that attaches to various accessories that transform the handset into a...

Read more

2. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

I wonder how people use thi... I mean THESE things. So normally you have a phone, and you can dock it in to your pad for extended battery life and bigger screen? In what situations would this be suitable... ?

I love the idea, but I am thinking... how da heck do you use it?

3. I smell lawsuit with Asus using word "Pad".

4. Apple stole the word "pad" from IBM. Remember ThinkPad which first came 1992.

5. Razer

Razer TS Enthusiast Posts: 131   +11

I guess how do you use it when you want to turn your phone into a tablet, IMHO this is more practical rather than having both phone and tablet that are running on the same platform, because, with padfone you simply transform your phone into a tablet and vice versa

6. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 368   +51

Sincerely, you make no sense. How do you use it? As a phone when its off of dock. Then you use it as a tablet when its on the dock. If you don't know how to use a phone or a tablet, then thats a different problem. In what situation will being a tablet be suitable? How about viewing video content? Maybe playing a game. Or use for reading ebooks. Is that really hard to perceive?

7. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

Haha that video. worst presentation ever.

8. I think Kotex used the word pad before Apple.

belelelgozi likes this.
  9. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

hahahaha.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.