Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

killershadow

HI all,

I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all the pcie slots with no luck. Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot.

Have disabled the motherboard's HD onboard sound too and still not detected in my devices......

The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax 1250W.

When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light is seen through the control extension box (Headphone/Microphone Connector box) jack ports. However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit (powered up)

However, when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on.

One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is 'not' switched off........

I tried to install the driver and I get a message 'no card detected' etc etc.

Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly. Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised?

Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother.

Thank you in advance
cool.png

Kind regards

Killershadow

The question(s) I have is ->

• Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
  • Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
  • Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................

Thanks

I am doing the RMA for it as I think it has been killed with static. Will update once I get a result.
Thank you all that has replied.

Back