Asus Z8100 power up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop that he uses for college ... an Asus Z8100 that i purched years ago from Vicious PC ... a gaming PC site ... it was working fine, now will not turn on ... it shows nothing on the screen, the light for the drive comes on, and the other 2 lights ( A and 1 ) blink, then it shuts down ... i tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds and plugging it back in and then replacing the battery ... as was suggested in another post, but no luck ... i know the computer is old, but we can't get him another one right now, so any help would be greatly appreciated ... thank you

Laptop needs repairs and the cost to repair it wouldn't be the right move. Buying him a netbook for $199 - $229 would be the ideal. This is the way I would go. Since parts and labor is going to cost you more money and also if suck parts can be found for older laptop today.

ACER note they own Gateway and eMachine too. Right now Walmart has the eMachine netbook for $228 today only. Suppose to have 250GB HDD. Last word it was suppose to have 2GB of RAM also. 1.60GHz CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back