TechSpot

Asus Zenbook UX301: Haswell, Gorilla Glass 3 lid, high-res display

By Shawn Knight
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Asus’ premium Ultrabook line is getting an update with a new model that features a faster processor, faster Wi-Fi and a high-resolution display. The 13.3-inch Zenbook UX301 boasts a 2,560 x 1,440 pixel IPS touch screen panel and a Gorilla...

Read more

2. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

Wow...thats a nice looking laptop. Asus is good. I like my Asus laptop. =)

3. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 365   +49

Zenbooks always look stunning to me. Unfortunately, too rich for my blood. Love the upgraded resolution. Pretty amazing too considering most manufacturers still don't put anything better then a 720P screen in their laptops.

4. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

Hehe I really have no clue whats in my laptop. But I like it. No issues so far. I've had it for a year now.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

If you have a small laptop like this "13.3-inch Zenbook UX301", you don't need anything more than 720P. Anything more would practically be over-kill.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

I would rather take the Lenovo Yoga Pro. I have to see the price before I can compare it. Also, if RAID 0 is not optional, but standard, that will be a big blow.

7. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Rookie Posts: 74

I can't disagree more, we're already seeing a few more 10in tablets with 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 screens and with 8.1 allowing for better scaling I can see higher resolution being of great benefit instead of just making all the icons and writing tiny.

8. Phraun

Phraun TS Rookie Posts: 35

You're out of your mind if that's what you honestly think. For a 13" laptop, I honestly wouldn't consider anything below 1920x1080 worth buying, though I'd prefer 2560x1440 or 2560x1600. If I'm going to be stuck with a single screen, it had better have some serious work space available.

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

Yes that is what I think and it is true. If you want work space get a larger machine. One that doesn't require you to hold the damn thing 10 inches from your face to see any detail. I don't even have 1080P on my 20" monitor and it has plenty of clarity (aka: pixels per inch) and work space for the greatest number of users. By the way, I measure work space by the screen size not clarity.

JC713 and RenGood08 like this.
  10. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

The scaling still sucks xD.

11. utomo

utomo TS Rookie

Asus, please create good tablet / hybrid using haswell with plenty of memory.
    many people need it

12. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Rookie Posts: 74

Lol, that's Microsoft's problem. They have had years upon years to fix it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.