TechSpot

Asus Zenbook UX301: Haswell, Gorilla Glass 3 lid, high-res display

By Shawn Knight
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Asus’ premium Ultrabook line is getting an update with a new model that features a faster processor, faster Wi-Fi and a high-resolution display. The 13.3-inch Zenbook UX301 boasts a 2,560 x 1,440 pixel IPS touch screen panel and a Gorilla...

Read more

2. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

Wow...thats a nice looking laptop. Asus is good. I like my Asus laptop. =)

3. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 469   +97

Zenbooks always look stunning to me. Unfortunately, too rich for my blood. Love the upgraded resolution. Pretty amazing too considering most manufacturers still don't put anything better then a 720P screen in their laptops.

4. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

Hehe I really have no clue whats in my laptop. But I like it. No issues so far. I've had it for a year now.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,899

If you have a small laptop like this "13.3-inch Zenbook UX301", you don't need anything more than 720P. Anything more would practically be over-kill.

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I would rather take the Lenovo Yoga Pro. I have to see the price before I can compare it. Also, if RAID 0 is not optional, but standard, that will be a big blow.

7. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Enthusiast Posts: 86   +8

I can't disagree more, we're already seeing a few more 10in tablets with 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 screens and with 8.1 allowing for better scaling I can see higher resolution being of great benefit instead of just making all the icons and writing tiny.

8. Phraun

Phraun TS Rookie Posts: 35

You're out of your mind if that's what you honestly think. For a 13" laptop, I honestly wouldn't consider anything below 1920x1080 worth buying, though I'd prefer 2560x1440 or 2560x1600. If I'm going to be stuck with a single screen, it had better have some serious work space available.

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,899

Yes that is what I think and it is true. If you want work space get a larger machine. One that doesn't require you to hold the damn thing 10 inches from your face to see any detail. I don't even have 1080P on my 20" monitor and it has plenty of clarity (aka: pixels per inch) and work space for the greatest number of users. By the way, I measure work space by the screen size not clarity.

Jad Chaar and RenGood08 like this.
  10. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

The scaling still sucks xD.

11. utomo

utomo TS Rookie

Asus, please create good tablet / hybrid using haswell with plenty of memory.
    many people need it

12. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Enthusiast Posts: 86   +8

Lol, that's Microsoft's problem. They have had years upon years to fix it.