AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

deank

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

How do I check the wifi encryption, and yes it worked then it didnt,the wifi light is now back on ,on the printer, I never had a problem until the new router

Hey deank. Is this a "wired" desktop that you can't print from?. Sounds like the new combo modem/router has an IP address that is different from what you previously had with the old router. The new router's IP address has to be set in the printer properties section in Windows for that printer (and any other network printer). IP addresses for hardware have to match what is programmed in the sending device or the 2 devices can't see each other.

The desktop is wifi too,can you explain how to go to printer properties and put the new routers ip in?
desktop is xp,laptop is 7
thanks

Sorry for the delay. Who installed the printer for you?. You can delete your old printer in the Printers section in Control Panel, then Add New Printer and when prompted, set it up as a network printer. From there you can enter all the relevant info so that Windows has the correct IP address and other parameters. I don't have a wireless printer, but my 2 desktops and my laptop printed to my 3 printers through a print server.It was a little tricky to initially set up as Windows had to know the router's IP address and the IP and port address of the print server My desktops were "wired" to my router, and the print server was connected to one of the router ports. I don't have access to my systems since everything is in storage/transit, just using a netbook.I might be wrong as I don't have a wireless printer,but your systems likely connect straight to the wireless printer, in which case Windows has to know the IP address of the wireless printer. Perhaps someone with a wireless printer can fill in or erase/fill in the blanks.

You all are going to laugh, my old router was above the printer and sat on my computer tower.
The new one was slightly below the top of the printer.Which apparently was not allowing the wifi signal to get to the printer. So I moved the router to where the old one sat and shazam,it works.
The wifi light stays on,and all is well. Thanks to all

Back