TechSpot

AT&T, Sprint, Verizon waive fees for calling Japan

By Emil
Mar 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T has announced that it has implemented international calling and texting support efforts for US residential wireless and wireline consumers trying to connect with loved ones in Japan, following last week's tragic earthquake and tsunami. AT&T customers will either see no charges reflected on their monthly statement, or they will see a full credit applied to their statement for activity between March 11 and March 31.

Read the whole story

2. Good gestures from them....but i highly doubt it will go along smoothly to some unsuspecting customers.

I've had numerous issues with Verizon in the past years where they offer a supposedly complimentary features then only to reflect on my next month's bill. As if the charges were snuck in there blatantly.

I had to call them every time and dispute my monthly bills.

3. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +28

Thank you for sharing. I live in the effected areas of Japan. Home Canadian companies follow through

4. Anyone know if Sprint home/wireline long distance is matching AT&T and Verizon's wireline long distance free calling to Japan?

5. free calls to Japan for BB users http://blog.tringme.com/free-calls-to-japan-by-tringme/

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.