TechSpot

AT&T still depending on iPhone for growth

By Matthew
Jul 23, 2009
  1. AT&T has topped the expectations of analysts despite a 15% decrease in earnings in the second quarter. While the economy has seen better days, the carrier shipped enough of Appleā€™s iPhones to carry it through the quarter. Their dependence on the popular smartphone has brought concern to many analysts, as they wonder what would happen if AT&T lost its exclusivity contract.

Read the whole story

2. realpoor

realpoor TS Rookie

And you would think since they are depending on the Iphone for growth, they would get their act together and make it where the Iphone users are happy. I love my Iphone, but it's sad that the only carrier in the United States doesn't support all of its features.

3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 983   +89

Well, I for one, plan to abandon AT&T when my contract is set to expire later this year. Sprint has a cheaper plan and and the Palm Pre. Not only that, but Sprint has a Family Data plan that AT&T can't match. If these guys (AT&T) can't get me an affordable data plan that my whole family can use, then buh-bye AT&T. This $2K / year cash cow is heading towards greener pastures.

4. Yeah, good luck with actually gettting CONNECTED with Sprint... BUT, the comment about the features being inop is right on. WTF are they thinking??

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.