TechSpot

AT&T: T-Mobile acquisition on track for March 2012 approval

By Emil
Jun 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T says it is still on track to have its acquisition of T-Mobile approved by March 2012. Resistance to the merger has been growing in recent weeks, but the company…

Read the whole story

2. Zilpha

Zilpha TS Enthusiast Posts: 349

They might not want to count their cash too quickly. I'm leaving T-Mobile over this as we speak and moving to another carrier. I'm betting once good ol Ma Bell gets hold of our contracts prices are going to go up. It will be subtle, but it will be there.

3. Muggs

Muggs TS Rookie Posts: 56

It won't matter soon it will be big blue or big red and they will be doing the same nickle and dime poisoning of the market.

4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

my question is, who is regulating the regulators who hold the key to the merger. i am not saying that's what's happening, but it seems pretty stinking easy for those regulators to be bribed.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

just pointing out the obvious

6. Muggs

Muggs TS Rookie Posts: 56

Between big business and the current government trend for a nanny state this does not bode well for the consumer or individual.

7. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,105   +44

is that suppose to resemble the death star?

Sorry not a big star wars fan here.

8. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

It shouldn't be so hard to buy a damn company

9. Given that the combined company would control over 99% of the GSM market, this means that the deal would result in a monopoly for GSM and duopoly for everything else. This is EXACTLY why anti-trust laws were created -- to prevent a single company controlling everything.

Wouldn't the combined company of AT&T and T Mobile be larger than ma bell when it was broken up? Just asking...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.