TechSpot

AT&T to enable HD Voice technology later this year

By Shawn Knight
Apr 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T will bring HD Voice technology to their network later this year as part of their voice over LTE strategy according to senior VP Kris Rinne. The news comes just after T-Mobile announced their upcoming iPhone 5 would support the...

Read more
  2. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

Can't even get 4G LTE in my city of 300,000 people and now they want to add this?
  3. fraggleki

fraggleki TS Rookie Posts: 17

I just got LTE in Evansville Indiana recently and I don't know about you guys but I hardly ever talk on the phone and when I do the voice quality is just fine for me! So why waste more bandwidth on silly things like this. Just My OPINION!
  4. Here comes the mandatory HD Voice charge to your account
  5. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 509   +81

Voice sounds good enough for me whether its over 3G or even 2G. Seems like more of a marketing gimmick *CHECK IT OUT ALL NEW HD VOICE NOW PAY US EXTRA*. Besides, I think there was some research that pointed out voice over LTE uses more battery. Assuming that it does use more battery, I hope they'll have an option tucked away in a menu that lets you disable it.
  6. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Enthusiast Posts: 224   +28

IMHO, this sounds like a marketing gimmick so that they can raise prices.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.