TechSpot

AT&T to support iPhone tethering in July?

By Matthew
Jun 18, 2009
  1. Update: AT&T called the recent $55 tethering service rumors false on its Facebook page. No other details were given, except that more information would be provided at a later date.

Read the whole story

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Tethering usually costs about $70 with AT&T for any device, so if they charge $55/mo, I'd be really surprised. On the other hand, it is somewhat in line with their cheaper iPhone data plan: A regular PDA phone is about $40/mo, where the original iPhone was 'only' $20/mo -- $30 for the 3G and 3GS.

Personally, I think data costs WAY too much, even at $20/mo ("smart phone" data plan rate).. especially with a 5GB or less limitation.

3. KingDingDong

KingDingDong TS Rookie Posts: 17

yea i agree, that crap is way over priced.

4. So I'm paying for data for my iPhone...now I'm paying for data which the iPhone could download ANYWAY. Data = Data and if you pay for one, you should get the other. Also their ridiculous belief that txt messaging isn't data and voice isn't data is outmoded. It's time to make plans that make SENSE!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.