TechSpot

AT&T unveils Shared Data plans, launching late August

By Jos
Jul 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Following in Verizon Wireless' footsteps, AT&T today unveiled new shared data plans that will let customers apply one data plan to up to 10 smartphones, tablets, and other Internet-connected devices. The plans will be available in late August and also……

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

this is confusing.. does the iphone include in the $30 basic phone? so how much will it cost to have two iphones sharing the same data plan.

3. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

This would cost me an extra $40 with two basic phones, two smartphones, one with 200MB an one with 3GB

4. In essence its a less for more plan. Typical trend of price gouging for data. Technology advances should be making this cheaper not more expensive. Hold onto your unlimited data plans as long as you can and rack up the GB on them!

5. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

iPhones are smartphones that require data plans. 2 iPhones would be $130, minimum.

6. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 984   +123

When ever I type *3282# I get a message saying how much I've used but it has also listed our shared data. This has only popped up in those messages in the past 2 months. I've been wondering what that meant. I currently have the 3GB plan for my phone but it lists my family as having 200mb of shared data.

7. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Totally agree, it is very cheap to send data.
    The Phone companies are Gouging the bleep bleep out the customers...
    It costs $0.01 cent for 1 kb of data....
    It is actually $0.001 to send 1 kb of data..
    So they getting FAt on the customer..
    Ya Think
    :)

8. likedamaster

likedamaster TS Member Posts: 83   +12

Plans have gotten more and more expensive. No thank you. I will juice the heck out of my unlimited plan(grandfathered in) on one phone as long as I can.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.