TechSpot

AT&T will be the first to launch Samsung's Galaxy Camera in the US

By Shawn Knight
Oct 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung's Galaxy Camera surfaced a couple of months ago during IFA 2012. At the time, it was unclear if the device would ever rival Nikon's Android-powered Coolpix S800c on US soil but we've now learned that at least one carrier...

Read more

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

What's going on with other carriers? AT&T seems to be getting all the latest and greatest smartphones/devices; from releasing the first LTE Galaxy SII variant, being the only carrier carrying the bootloader-unlocked (and red) Galaxy SIII, announcing the exclusivity of the new Lumia 920, exclusively carrying the Galaxy Note series, and now this.

I am currently with them, and I'm happy with their service, but I can't help but feel uneasy at the fact that other major carriers seem to be rather comfortable in their respective positions.

There's no "race" no more to have the latest and greatest. This in turn stifles competition and it bothers me.

3. pretzelwagon

pretzelwagon TS Member Posts: 30

Too bad this doesn't have voice. I would be wild about a super capable P&S camera and phone hybrid

4. If its a pocket camera even with android os will be hard to compare with the normal cameras the F/2.0 or even f/1.8 its a must

5. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +20

This looks to be good for journalists and heavy social network users. But for someone like me, I'd rather have a DSLR.

6. Imagine that, camera with a built-in 2yr contract data plan.

7. VDDuong

VDDuong TS Rookie

This will be the first subsidized camera since it required a 2 year data plan.

8. Damia

Damia TS Rookie

Kind Of Interesting Thing haa.....waiting for a review.....I personally used my canon dslr and olympus PS..but thing is a beautiful product than those..but the performance??

9. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 357   +57

If only this didn't cost $600 without contract I would get one, it looks awesome though.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.