TechSpot

AT&T will hold exclusive rights to the Nokia Lumia 920 for six months

By Shawn Knight
Oct 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. We've known that AT&T would have exclusive rights to the Nokia Lumia 920 in the US for some time now but just how long that exclusivity would last has remained a mystery - until now. The latest news indicates the...

Read more

2. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

The golden question has not been answered: WHY????

3. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Enthusiast Posts: 235   +53

Yep, not this reader. Too bad I aited this long for Nokia 920; very disappointed with Nokia's decision. I am looking at HTC 8X or SG3 to get in the next few weeks.

4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Yeah those are AT&T training videos.

As for the exclusivity thing, it only says the 920 will be exclusive for 6 months. There could still be a 9xx variant headed to Verizon, or so I've heard...

5. IMO, instead of getting back customers, they are going so exclusive that few people will buy it, and Indeed in 6 months Lumia 920 will be history, people will be getting GS3 and other phones, I am very disappointed.

6. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Maybe this is the only thing on which AT&T could get exclusive rights.

7. It does not matter what carrier has the phone, Microsoft fanboy's will buy them, because they are to stupid to do anything else.

8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

you mean 'too' stupid. with two O's. I shouldn't ridicule... at least you didn't say 'Their dumb'.

captainawesome likes this.
  9. AT&T for six months?? Nooooooo...!!! I cannot wait anymoooaaarrr!!

10. Dj23

Dj23 TS Rookie

What about UK users? My contract is up next month and I am torn between this or the new HTC.
    I could stick with my HD7, it's lasted me 2 years and is still completely fine, still, that doesn't bode well for me when creating WP8 apps...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.