AT&T will lose $6 billion if T-Mobile acquisition fails

By Emil
May 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T says it is still on track to have its acquisition of T-Mobile approved by March 2012. Resistance to the merger has been growing in recent weeks, but the company…

Read the whole story
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

please don't
  3. I have been with T-Mobile for more than ten years... Shooosh, AT&T. Shoosh.

If AT&T's own fault if they lost $6 billion. Regulators ought not take this into consideration during the approval process, for it will only encourage this form of threatening tactic in the future.
  4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Don't forget they will be a GSM monopoly if this deal goes through, not to mention the major privacy issues. Public Knowledge President Gigi B. Sohn summed it up nicely that this deal is all around bad and we can only hope it doesn't go through.
  5. The very day this deal goes through, i'm off to Sprint.

yeah, perhaps the quality is not TOP notch, but it is not bad. Furthermore, as this deal gets closer and closer to fruition, you will see Sprint and other providers extending amazing deals to new customers - I will be there, I will be that customer /end ;)
  6. pmshah

pmshah Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

I was in US last June/July and checked out some offerings from T-Mobile. If the footprint of their service is not a constraint they have the best deals on offer.

I could simply buy a sim from them, stick it into any of my Indian GSM mobiles and get it to work. They also had the the best -read lowest cost - packages for basic communication operations - telephone and sms.

It would be a real shame if the deal goes through. It would also mean the Regulators are definitely not doing their job.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.