Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

By stantona
Oct 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.
  3. Rubi

Rubi Newcomer, in training

Did anyone find a solution? I hav a similar setup (LiteOn drives, Mainboard with nvidia i750 chipset) with exactly the same problem. Any help is welcome.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.