TechSpot

Atari files for bankruptcy in the US, selling iconic logo and assets

By Jos
Jan 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Video games pioneer Atari has filed for bankruptcy in the US and plans to sell all its assets in the next three to four months. But the iconic firm is likely to live on. According to a report by the...

Read more

2. spectrenad

spectrenad TS Rookie Posts: 81   +16

/|\ <---- Atari. Close enough.

St1ckM4n and SantistaUSA like this.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 903   +52

I thought Infogames bought the namesake years ago?

4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Good for Atari!!!! I myself enjoyed everything Atari put out in the 80's even then Atari computer!! (arrrg Basic!!) I certainly hope Atari can pull this off. If not that Atari T-shirt is going to be worth a lot of cash!!

5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Again?! Yeah - the original Atari already sold the name and such years ago... so I say it once more Again! wow. They should use the branding for mobile and retro projects.

6. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

When did Activision sell them? Ah well...what can you say? They made some incredible stuff in the 80's and then *****s destroyed the company. They tried to revamp some of the franchises but it never really worked for them.

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Atari classics on your phone! That would be worth investing in surely :)

8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Maybe for old barnds they need to do what Japanese publishers are doing to revitalize their brands... let other developers take the riens.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.