TechSpot

ATI All-In-Wonder TV software will not allow dvd's to be capture to mpeg file.

By blues2010
Sep 22, 2003
  1. ATI All-In-Wonder TV Media Center software 8.1 will not allow dvd's to be capture to mpeg file.

Has anyone tried to capture a DVD with Macrovison endoding to a mpeg file using the ATI All-In-Wonder TV Media Center software 8.1 via the s-video connector.?

Is there a regristry setting that will allow me to bypass that or will i need to purchase a third party software?

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

As far as I know you can't do it that way, you'll have to get dvd ripping software (check out vcdgear.com for a start or google search). Macrovision (I think thats what it is) prevents copying of dvds in that fashion, you can't even record one to VHS.
    So no there isnt' a registry setting, but also there is no need to purchase software, you can get that stuff for free.

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,333   +278

Yeah - I'm a bit confused as to why you'd want to capture video in this manner. You can re-encode the dvd to pretty much any other format you want and it'll most likely look tons better.

5. blues2010

blues2010 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!

I have found several tools on-line to capture DVD. I needed several scene for my documentry...which will be release in May at the Film festival...

Thanks again

Roger

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.