ATI All-In-Wonder TV software will not allow dvd's to be capture to mpeg file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI All-In-Wonder TV Media Center software 8.1 will not allow dvd's to be capture to mpeg file.

Has anyone tried to capture a DVD with Macrovison endoding to a mpeg file using the ATI All-In-Wonder TV Media Center software 8.1 via the s-video connector.?

Is there a regristry setting that will allow me to bypass that or will i need to purchase a third party software?

As far as I know you can't do it that way, you'll have to get dvd ripping software (check out vcdgear.com for a start or google search). Macrovision (I think thats what it is) prevents copying of dvds in that fashion, you can't even record one to VHS.
So no there isnt' a registry setting, but also there is no need to purchase software, you can get that stuff for free.

Yeah - I'm a bit confused as to why you'd want to capture video in this manner. You can re-encode the dvd to pretty much any other format you want and it'll most likely look tons better.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!

I have found several tools on-line to capture DVD. I needed several scene for my documentry...which will be release in May at the Film festival...

Thanks again

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back