TechSpot

ATI Catalyst Radeon X1300/X1550 series

By vraNe
Feb 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,i was looking on forum,sry for bad english :p

i have a problem since november,i couldn't play any games,or films on media player,i though,oh my graphics exloded,but my friend helped me and i downloaded Media Player Classic for watching films..

Now serios problem,i have Dual Core Computer xp proffesional

AMD Athlon[tm] 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 4000+
    2.11 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension

In dxdiax name off graphics is like in the thread, i can play only cs 1.6 on software mode

at opengl black . appear on my monitor,and the game stops,the same problem at D3D

but,i installed game harry potter 6 part i think,that game asks for good graphics i tnink,and i played for some days,and then,at once problem is with me whole time ;)

Help,and if we dont find a solution,can u tell me even,is it dual or quad core better,cuz if i dont find a solution i fill buy a new computer,and which is better,

reggards :)
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,049   +15

Hi . Which graphics card do you have ?
    Is it the one in the title -- ATI Catalyst Radeon X1300/X1550 ?
    Do you have the right drivers for it ?
    Go to; http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    It could be the graphics card is not 'good' enough to play the games you want to.
    If you have 1GB of RAM, you might think about fitting another 1GB as well.
  3. vraNe

vraNe Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ugh,well radeon ?

This is not original driver maybe is problem because of that ?
  4. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,049   +15

Ok, well if that is your card, then go to the site I showed the link to, enter your pc details, and download and install the driver.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

In your first post, you mentioned 'openGL' error on screen. If you are trying to use an Open GL graphic driver, you won't be able to use many Windows programs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.