ATI HD 5000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrestheBean

Does anybody know anything?

release dates?

etc?

i have looked everywhere, cant find anything.

all i can find is what prices to expect..... :(

Haven't heard anything... probably because ATI doesn't plan on releasing new GPUs anytime soon.

Well if they are planning a whole new series this year... it's most-likely going to be around the holiday season. I'm also not sure if ATI plans a HD49xx series of cards or if they are skipping right to HD5000. Hard to say and I wouldn't trust any information you find just yet.

Google says end of summer, I say september-octoberish is when test samples will debut.
This will coincide with DX11 and Christmas.

I don't know lol, I just google searched it and read the excerpts from search results. That was just now, but I think I remember hearing that timeframe a while ago from a forgotten source.

I highly doubt it will be before the launch of Win7 in October... so I'm going to just throw out the end of summer as a possible release time frame. I don't see any solid evidence of it even happening this year, so I can't really shed any light on it at all. I would like to see high-end 45nm GPUs in the near future, but I guess ATI is working on some kind of cooling system for upcoming graphics solutions. I think it's safe to say the nobody really knows what's going to happen lol.

do you think if they do bring them out that they will be new cards all together or another derivative of the 4800 series just with higher clocks aka new cooling solutions.

just opinion and speculation on my part, but i think the reason we haven't seen an answer to the GTX 285,or 295 (for the fastest card on the planet) thing. is because they are investing a lot of their resources into this 6-12 month jump they have on Nvidia with the DX 11 tech. I bet the next cards we see that are 'all new' are the 40nm DX 11 5xxx...or whatever they are going to name them, this is really a disaster for Nvidia, if its a successful launch

40nm sounds good, real good even. i agree that it would be much more beneficial to release cards with DX11 support than to release any more GPUs for DX10 and under. that would just put ATI further back and nvidia would most likely jump all over DX11 support with some high-end cards. i'm kinda bummed out that i'm gonna have to part with my 4870s already but i have no use for them otherwise so i guess i'm gonna have to sell. oh well...

bad news for you guys but great news for me, because im planing on building a rig these upcoming months,

and if the 5000 series is released, the GTX 300 series will be pushed too.

and i will possible consider the new core i5,

many people say core i7 is overkill.

40nm will allow higher clock rates and lower temps, BUT I dont see ati drop jumping at the chance of charging 650+ for a video card if their cards trumps the gtx295

and if the 5000 series is released, the GTX 300 series will be pushed too.

That's what I'm talking about. The 5xxx series will be DX 11 with Tessellation and compushade, many more polygons/texture/detail and higher frame rates with compushade. the GTX 300 is going to be a heftier version of the 200 series, but still only DX10. and will only appeal to very small segment of the market.

meh the core i7 920 will still be the better option imo and it can clock ti 4ghz easy i5 and i3 is a joke just a way for them to confuse people more.

the i5 and i3 cpu's are meant to phase out the core 2 duo/quad series eventually. Only about 2% of us show for the builders market for intel. I'm pretty sure us 2% have a reading level higher than 5th grade education. So what's confusing?

i was trying to make a point its really stupid for intel to bring out a bunch of different socket boards they are starting to do crap the way they used to and make people pick and chose 1 board and 1 socket type should be the standard intel could learn something from AMD.

They dont need one socket type, or something like the am2/am3. AMD needed to do that for themselves to stay in the game and make sure they could grab a decent foothold in every area of the cpu market. Lets use some comparable sytems, a core2quad with ddr3 priced against a phenom x4. Relatively same benchmark scores(useing this vaguely) but amd has a better price point for the average buyer. Their socket types allow people with systems 2years old to upgrade to todays cpus, but up until this 965 they released the upgrade is moreso on par with core 2 quad which was released 7 seasons ago. Its a game of ketchup to bridge gaps. AMD will make a comeback, but not until they come with something a little more powerful than the i7 line, and I hope they do because I'll buy it.

yeah it would be nice if amd just all the sudden pulled a fast one on intel and brought out a monster video card / cpu combo i would buy one :)

yeah it would be nice if amd just all the sudden pulled a fast one on intel and brought out a monster video card / cpu combo i would buy one :)

Yeah i wonder what the architectural challenges are with the cpu/gpu on the same die are that they cant seem to work out are?

IDK but i didnt mean to post it that way i mean separate card and cpu but it would be cool huh.

oh lol, they are working on such an animal though, both intel...i think its called larabee, and amd has fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back