ATI HD 5670 512mb glitchy graphics

By beckyjc
Apr 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Heres a link to my computer specs

So i just bought this card to replace my burnt out Nvidia 6600, initially i installed it from the CD letting windows find the drives. THen i decided to reformat my PC and clean install everything again.

Got everything back running, and noticed my graphics are being a bit laggy, where they were fine on the other install (I think, i wasnt using it long.).

By laggy i mean when i switch through windows, reminants of the old window still remain on screen, like form fields and the title bar/minimize/maximize/close buttons they hang there for a few seconds then disapear when the window loads fully or i maximise the window.
    Heres a pic of what i mean, im guessing this is something to do with the drivers? First time around I just let windows install the drivers with the found new hardware thingy. This time i did it from the CD, then i tried updating to the latest drivers, then i tried uninstalling them and doing it the first way. I'm still getting issues.

I tried using driver sweeper to remove the driver then do it again, and probably like 20 other attempts of getting it working properly, ive looked to see if i can find anything conflicting in device manager, theres nothing.

My settings are
    1280x1024, 32 bit, 120dpi (im kinda blind), 60hz refresh rate (I did try 96dpi, its not making a difference)
    No active desktop or such
  2. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 212

Ah, when installing video cards it's always best to set the CD aside and download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.