TechSpot

ATI HDMI Output Not Plugged In

By GAGEtheBEAST
Feb 6, 2010
  1. Hello, I recently bought a Sapphire hd4890 and was briefly able to use the card's built in audio function via an hdmi cable to my television. I stopped for roughly a week and when I next tried to use the sound again, it didn't work. Within that period of time, I installed some Realtek drivers for my audio so I could have that cool function where when a new device is plugged in, it is detected and a menu comes up. This shouldn't pose any problem with my previous setup explained though, should it? When I right click the volume function in the Quick Launch area, and go to "Playback Devices", I am able to see my ATI High Definition Audio Device (with a picture of my television) but it says below, that it is not plugged in (im running windows 7 if that offers any help). Thanks to anyone who can lend a helpful tip in my strange predicament.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.