ATI mobility radeon 9700 & MCE 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the ATI mobility Radeon 9700 driver for windows xp mediacenter edition 2005. I have an Acer 2023wlmi.
Could someone help me?
Thank you

P.S. I have already searched in the Acer and Ati web site.

Infact they didn't. I Bought a Mediacenter OEM version and tried to install on my laptop. Evrithing is OK excep the fact that I can't see any type of video. After serching the web and asking information in the windows xp MCE newsgroup, I relised that the problem is connected with the moility radeon 9700 driver. So now I'm looking for it.
That's all.

Here's the problem with that. If the standard mobility 9700 driver doesn't work then why do you think you'll find one for Windows MCE if they don't make any MCE laptops? I'm not saying it doesn't exist - but I'm pretty sure it's linked to your difficulty in making it work. Is there such a thing as Omega drivers for mobility cards? Just trying to help come up with ideas.

Dear Marco,

I couldn't find a way to use MCE 2005 with mobility 9200. Fı you find a driver please let me know as well. By the way are you Italian?

Ti ho visto in qualche forum e sarei tanto felice se potessi aiutarmi quando trovera il driver per MCE 2005!!!

But did you try to install the catalyst driver? :suspiciou

It "Drivers & Downloads" page from ati says:

"ATI CATALYST drivers provide fully qualified display support for Windows XP Media Center Edition systems with preinstalled and/or certified/compatible ATI RADEON display adapters. The display drivers provided below are qualified for use under Windows XP Media Center Edition.

ALL-IN-WONDER™ and VIVO variants are not currently supported under Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Certified/compatible RADEON™ PC Graphic Cards or Integrated Graphics Products are optimized for Microsoft's Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 when coupled with a supported TV or DTV Tuner product, such as the ATI E-HOME WONDER™."

The ati 9200 is listed on the download page for media center drivers. There's supposed to be no difference on graphic drivers between mobility and standard cards. (I'm not really sure about that, but that´s what I read some where in ATI's web site ). :blackeye:

Remember also that you need an Mpeg decoder... Cyberlink power dvd 5.0 or nvNVIDIA 2.0.

If from Colombia. I'm trying to find out everything on MCE to build my own on my upcomming laptop. :cool:

Hi Marco IT,
I have the same problem, and i found out that MCE needs a Dx9 Supported Grafikcard. I guess the 9700 only supports Dx8. For me it wors, i got a Thinkpad T30 with a Rageon mobile 7500 with supports only Dx7..

Why... why Dx9 ? it is just a tv signale and som codes .. ?

Bill knows i guess

Do a google on "Mobility Modder" as this is a tool that gets past that "no compatible hardware found" error when installing true-blue ATI drivers on Mobility Chipsets.

The modder allows you to extract just about ANY ATI Catalyst Drivers, run the modder, then install. I've had nothing but success with this process and it opens up all the new, recent Catalyst drivers for mobility chipset use.

I have WMCE05. :mad: This logo testing junk is real bad, and DRM stops you from recording allot of TV shows, then there are all the bugs. :knock:

You may be able to force-feed the drivers with add new hardware. Select from a list, and choose the driver(you should be able to find it in the ATi file) and tell it to go ahead anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back