ATI Radeon 8500 128MB..or is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently won this Item on e-bay
It's promoted as an ATI Radeon 8500 128MB, but the cooling fan doesn't say ATI. Did I get ripped off? I understand there's a difference between BUILT by and POWERED by ATI..Could someone take a peek at this card and see if they could ID it? Please?
Any assistance is much appreciated!

Attachments

• ec_1.jpg
    ec_1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
Hello sir! The pic provided is just too far away from the card to get any necessary details. Do you have the card in your possession at the moment? Why not pop it in and see what the Video BIOS says? That's one way to find out.

If you could somehow check that chip circled there. That looks like an Ati Rage Theater chip. If it is it'll be labeled as such.

Attachments

• ec_1cha.jpg
    ec_1cha.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
Your input is MUCH appreciated!
I'll be in possession of the card in a week or so..I'll check the details then 4sure. Another friend in "TechSupportGuy" forum said the chipset heatsink and memory heatsinks indicated a fairly meaty card. Um, forgive my lack of knowledge, is an Ati Rage Theatre chip a good thing?

Its usually used for a TV out but I don't see that connector on the card in the pic. As such I might be wrong about that chip. Keep us updated on this.

The fan looks like one used by many SAPHIRE products...Saphire is an OEM who happens to make most of ATI's "Built By" products.

Regardless, that is NOT a "Built By ATI" card unless someone has switched fans. I wouldn't worry about it, it's small potatoes ....If it is a Saphire, they have excellent QC, although their support could use some help.....and they make most of ATI's "Built By ATI" cards anyway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back