TechSpot

ATI Radeon 8500DV & Yamaha YST35D Drivers???

By drgrafix
Dec 13, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently had to consolidate some parts because a Soyo mobo died (caps?) and I'm trying to use the best components I have. The motherboard is a Tyan 2460 Tiger which has dual 1200 MPs and 512 MB registered memory. System seems to be running fine, and I just upgraded the BIOS to v.1.05 which fixes a bunch of problems including working with the ATI Radeon 8500DV which is a All-In-Wonder TV tuner/capture card as well.

I downloaded the latest v.9.08 Multimedia Center drivers and installed them. When I click on the "TV" function, I get a popup saying that MMC experienced errors and to close and restart the program. Same thing happens over and over. Once last night I got the TV window to open and the video was great... but no audio. Don't think anything has changed but since then... it won't go.

I called Yamaha today to ask for some help on the YST35D 3-piece speaker system, and it turns out they gave up the speaker business about 2 years ago... and they did not archive drivers. Can you believe that? Anyway, in my move, I must have misplaced the Yamaha installation CD but I have my manual.

I know this is a weird combo, but when working... these speakers are pretty nice with a 30W powered sub. BTW, my sound card is a Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1 PCI. But if anyone has a clue on how to get this combo going, where to find Yamaha drivers, or whatever... please chime in here. I want to get the TV card working properly, and of course I want the speakers working right too. I'll thank you in advance for any/all help!!!

Mike
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.