TechSpot

ATI RADEON 9200 - cs FPS

By GhosyL
Oct 6, 2003
  1. well I bought yesterday ati radeon 9200 to play counter strike with more fps and i bought more 256mb sdram but.... i've only got 30 fps... dunno why.. i dl last drives do every commands in counter strike console.. when i had my 32mb video card i had 40 fps and now.... :(

System:
    amd athlon 600
    ATI radeon 9200 128mb
    384mb sdram
    win xp sp1

Hope u can help me

2. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

The ati radeon 9200 is a very slow budget card. What was your last card?

3. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 830   +54

i have a 9100 radion, the card before the 9200 came out. a cut down version of the old 8500, more like the 8500le.

i get a perfect framerate with it, in counterstrike for example i can turn every setting to max, and tweak the config to get all the best settings without the fps taking any noticable hit.

have you got the newest drivers for the card? the 3.7 catalist drivers are the newest official drivers at the moment.

im using "omega drivers" which are based on the 3.7 catalist drivers but give better performance/picture quality than the normal drivers. they can be found here:-

http://www.omegacorner.com/index_ati.html

depending on what card you had previously, the uninstallation of your previous card may not have been as clean as you might expect. any remnants of old drivers can cause issues, personally when i upgraded from an nvidia geforce 2mx to my 9100, i did a full reinstall.

oh yeah, and if you have a via motherboard, and perhaps were only using a pci card before, you may need the latest 4in1 drivers (or hyperion drivers) from via, to get your agp slot up to speed.

just some ideas.

4. GhosyL

GhosyL TS Rookie Topic Starter

i formated my pc 2 times....hyperion drivers etc etc didnt do anything.. :(

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

6. legitx1

legitx1 TS Rookie

the problem is not your video card the problem is your computor...
    i have the same card ati radeon 9200 356mb and i get 100 fps drops to like 80 in gun battle or when im pubbing with alot of ppl.. my specs are...

AMD athlon(tm) XP 2200+
    1.80 GHz 512 ram
    sp2
    9200 [256mb]
    to most pro gamers this is a ****y pile of ****. but i still get a 100 fps

7. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Most of the 9100's were more powerful than the 9200's. But you should deffinately look into upgrading your processor. You should be able to go up to 1gig. If you have the slot A processor you can find replacements pretty cheap on Ebay.

8. mikebigc

mikebigc TS Rookie

I had the 9200 128mb video card for awile now and i have problems playing games with it i get errors and i cant play :(

Xp 3200
    1 Gb kingston Ram
    A bit Kv7 motherboard

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.