ATI Radeon 9250 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie MS3

So i recently had to reinstall windows and i used to have XP and i also used to use Catalyst to run a s video hookup that made a clone of my computer monitor. the computer monitor was the main and the TV was the secondary input. so when i reinstalled i decided to try vista and now im having trouble running a s video feed to my tv. i tried to install the same software and windows vista tells me i must have the monitor input set to the default graphics card that came on the motherboard for instillation. im honestly not sure how to do that but i know that the software for my ATI Radeon 9250 was meant for windows xp and not vista. So now i need to find a way to do what i did when i had XP and that is make a clone of my computer monitor to my TV with S vid
Help would be appreciated! thanks:)

I think you would be better off buying a newer graphics card that is supported by ATI/AMD for Vista. The Radeon 9250 is no longer supported by ATI driver releases even for XP. That stopped in 2006. You would have been fine if you were still using XP but now that you've changed to Vista, the 9250 becomes an obsolete piece of hardware.

Yea i would buy a new card if i had the money =X and i only have pci on my motherboard so it could be hard to find a graphics card that has a s video port along with the requirments i want for games like BF

Whiffen said:
I have a 8400 GS and it does fairly well in games, I was playing BF2142 and had 30-80 FPS.

This one goes for 25$ after rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127316

I think he said he only has PCI slots , not PCIE

Frankie MS3 said:
Yea i would buy a new card if i had the money =X and i only have pci on my motherboard so it could be hard to find a graphics card that has a s video port along with the requirments i want for games like BF

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143110

Buy this, it has svideo. I am using this card myself, very powerful and make sure you use drivers 175.80

peace

Well here is a picture of my box cover for the card:
6200PCIX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back