ATI Radeon 9800 pro display driver problem. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zim

When i installed the latest drivers from
http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=22264
and rebooted my system the screen displayed a distorted login screen and did not display pretty much anything, by randomly clicking i logged in to my desktop and there the screen remained distorted (as if there was fractured glass flagella lying over it) after which the monitor stopped receiving a signal and the computer stopped responding or froze. Now i can only get back to a bootable situation by deleting the ATI display drivers in safe mode and restarting. Then it of course doesnt recognize my display drivers and no program requiring my graphics card can run.

Please can Help me with this problem?

Try using Driver Cleaner to remove the drivers in safe mode.
http://www.drivercleaner.net/ then physically remove the card, reinstall it, start the computer and hopefully you can reinstall the drivers and get everything to work.

I had similar issues with an AIW 9700 Pro (same chip, just different clock speed) with the more recent Catalyst drivers (6.x).

I found only two solutions:
1) Run the 5.11 Catalyst drivers.
2) Try to get to the desktop and launch the CCC. Set SMARTGart to: AGP 4x and disable Fast Writes. Your BIOS may have these as well and would be easier to set.

Obviously, your artifacting on windows logon could also be bad or overheating video ram, so be sure to also physically inspect your card to ensure the heatsink isn't packed with dust/debris and the fan is spinning when powered on.

The AIW 9700 Pro here would boot the Windows Logo with little white boxes all over, then a corrupted logon. By fighting on the desktop to get to SmartGart and reducing AGP to 4x and disabling Fast Writes, I finally got a clear logon and desktop and games now work. Prior, it would also lock-up (either solid blue screen with static sound in the speakers or "No Signal" on the monitor within minutes). 5.11's with 4x/no fast writes resumed stability and no more errors.

Or you can try the Omega Drivers from HERE. I'm using them and I highly recommend them, they're like Catalysts and you don't need the crap called .net framework.

My Second Harddrive has disappeared ever since i used Driver Cleaner software and i do not know how to get it back.

It is SATA Harddrive.

For your 9800 pro, do you get display corruption only in Windows or also when you first boot up (BIOS screen and the screen that displays your CPU, memory, hard drives, etc.)? If it is just Windows, uninstall the video driver and install a previous driver. If you get display corruption on boot up after POST, then your video card likely has a hardware problem.

Zim said:
My Second Harddrive has disappeared ever since i used Driver Cleaner software and i do not know how to get it back.

It is SATA Harddrive.

Did you change any settings in BIOS? Can you see the drive listed in BIOS? Check if all the cables are snug and fit on your hard drive in your case.

I will try all your suggestions this coming weekend and get back you after that.

Thanks for all of Help guys it is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back