ATI Radeon HD 5770 versions

By jephuff
Jul 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    I'm a bit stumped. I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 (atleast thats what everything on my computer is telling me) and I'm trying to set up three monitors. every search result I get back says that you have to use the display port... but I don't have a display port. My card has a VGA, DVI and an HDMI.
    looking at ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards none of them have the same connections that mine has. so I'm wondering if these graphic cards have different versions and if they do how could I find what version I have so that I could search for solutions to my problem.

Thank you,
    Jeffrey
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

Any chance you could post a picture of the back of your machine? A close up of the back of the video card would be helpful as well.
  3. jephuff

jephuff Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

of course! I can take more/better pictures if that would help. thank you for the reply![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

You may have this model - http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH57702DI512MD5/ which should still support 3 monitors but one of them will definitely have to be hooked up via the analog port. It should be as simple as plugging in all three monitors and then opening up the CCC and choosing the monitor layout.
  5. jephuff

jephuff Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thank you, that does look far more similar then the ones that I could find. when I try to add the third monitor by clicking extend desktop (within CCC) it says that "To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled."

the information in CCC is below, which I believe is up to date.

Driver Packaging Version8.66-090914a-088591E-MSI
    Catalystâ„¢ Version09.0
    ProviderATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version8.01.01.961
    2D Driver File Path/REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version8.14.10.0700
    OpenGL Version6.14.10.9017
    Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Version2009.0914.2131.36822

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.