ATI Radeon X1300 Pro PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem that after the pc finishes its POST, the screen goes blank. Windows will not show at all. A few months ago when I first installed the card, during windows boot, the image would hang for 2 seconds when the logo was starting to appear. But the logo would not fully visualize until after the screen would flicker. Then the logo would full color show and boot would complete. But now, nothing. My MB is a Winfast 761GXK8MB, I have 1.5GB DDR, and the cpu is AMD Athlon 64 3200+.

I have video only when viewing the BIOS POST. When it is time for Windows to start, screen goes blank. I changed the HDD and tried to re-install windows completely. I can view the initial install (DOS version), but once it is time for the GUI section, it goes blank. I also tried to install Ubuntu Linux (just for S&G). I get through most of the install until the video set and the error comes up saying wrong settings for vid card. Basically, as long as I am a DOS format, I can see video. Once a GUI becomes present, it fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back